Tuesday, September 28

Who Has Seen the Wind?

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.
Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.


--Christina Rossetti again.

When we drove in the driveway after church on Sunday, I pointed out to the sons that the leaves on the tree pictured here had not begun to turn yellow yet. Yesterday a big wind came up and I stood at the kitchen window and watched all the leaves blow from it in less than 10 minutes, revealing a nice little nest I hadn't seen before.

The wind kept up for the rest of the afternoon and throughout much of the night, uprooting many trees around town and knocking out power. So we had a quiet evening here with no T.V. or computer. That means that I'm behind on my attributes of God post for this week, but I am still aiming to post it this afternoon some time.

It means that youngest son is ahead on his homework. Yep, the words I heard from his mouth were these: "I guess as long as there's no cable, I might as well do homework."
|