Saturday, March 11

A Little Secret

Kim from Hiraeth has already let the cat out of the bag, so it's not really a secret, I guess. Today is my birthday.

We will be celebrating some other day, since I'm not feeling all that great today. I took Contac cold capsules yesterday and got rash all over, so not only do I have a miserably stuffy nose and a fever, I have itchy rash.

I was born on my mom's birthday, so we always celebrated the day together when I was growing up. Wikipedia has a list of other people born on this day, but I only know who a few of them are: Lawrence Welk, Ralph Abernathy, Rupert Murdoch.

[Update: Woohoo! Another birthday mate: Wanda Gag, born in 1893.]

On this day in history:

  • In 1892, in Springfield Massachusett at the YMCA training college, James Naismith, from Almonte, Ontario, organized the world's first public game of his new invention - basketball.

  • Romeo and Juliet were married, at least according to Shakespeare. That would have been in 1302.

  • Rock musician Paul McCartney was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1997.
|