Saturday, May 13

Just Woke Up

Yep. You read that right. When I woke up this morning my clock read 9:39 AM. I don't know the last time slept that late. It's been years, anyway.

In my defense, I did take 1/2 of one of the non-drowsy antihistamines before going to bed. The nasty spring yellow stuff is in the air, and it gives me problems with very itchy rash on my head and neck. No respiritory problems, just rash, but it's the miserably dry and itchy sort.

Now everything is wrong. A kid is already up, and has been for a while, so I have no by-myself morning time. How will I survive the day?

Update: While eating one of the burgers leftover from last night's grill topped with tomato, onion, pickles and ketchup for breakfast (No mustard, by the way. Mustard for breakfast is just wrong, don't you think?), I remembered that I had a doozy of an antihistamine induced dream as well. James White was in my backyard, wearing a kilt and planting a plum tree. Yesterday, I did listen to parts of the Dividing Line, read this post, and discuss planting a fruit tree in the spot where the old greenhouse used to be. Still, how ridiculous! A plum tree would never in a million years survive in the Yukon!
|