Friday, March 12

The One Who Sorts It Out

Do you ever have days when you can't really pray? When you are too tired, too confused, too empty, too distraught, or too anything-at-all to even form a request in your mind? I know I do. It happens to me more often than I like to admit. Sometimes all I can muster is, "Here is my life. Do what you will." When that happens, I rest in this:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how we should pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with inexpressible groanings. (Romans 8:26 NET)

The Spirit that indwells us is forever advocating on our behalf. We are prayed for even when words are beyond us.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes on behalf of the saints according to God's will. (Romans 8:27 NET)

The groanings of the Spirit on our behalf are immediately known by the Father, and those prayers are always answered with a "yes" because the Spirit's intention for us is God's intention. What the Spirit requests is always exactly right.

So ....we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.... (Romans 8:28)

The right requests are being made, even when we are too weak to make them, and the right answers are coming because the God who called us and the Spirit who intercedes for us agree on what's right for us.

This is my peace. When I can only muster, "Here is my life!", that is enough. I can simply trust that as confusing as things are to me, it is all and forever sorted rightly in the mind of the Spirit and the mind of my Heavenly Father, who are together accomplishing God's perfect and good purpose for me.
|