Tuesday, November 15

November's Theme: Thankfulness

Julana is thankful for food.

I think I'll let that be what I'm thankful for today, too.
You cause the grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth
and wine to gladden the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine
and bread to strengthen man's heart. (Psalm 104:14,15 ESV)
Food, and my potatoes in particular, grown from the plants God gave for us to cultivate so that we can "bring forth food from the earth".

Sunday night I had to make supper on the fly with not much food in the house, so I fried up potatoes with a little kielbassa sausage--no onions, nothing else. The sons kept mentioning how much tastier garden potatoes are than store bought ones. Yep, they are one of our good blessings from our good God.

Update: Kim in IL is thankful for her old battered refrigerator, an available repairman and her son's help.
I am thankful for my old battered refrigerator in the basement. We bought it back in '82 and it's been hauled from house to house through more moves than I'd like to admit over the past 20 years and it's still chugging along.

My "new" 2 year old refrigerator went on the blink yesterday. I'm thankful that the repairman could come today and that the repair wasn't too expensive.

I'm also thankful my son will be home from class soon to help me haul up all the stuff from the basement.
It sounds like she's had an interesting couple of days!

Vicki is thankful for several good things, too.
I'm thankful my thyroid biopsy was benign and that I can enjoy my 3 yr. old granddaughter. Also thankful for encouraging writers who spur me on to keep writing.


Update 2: Phillip is thankful for forgiveness:
I'm thankful for the grace that comes after saying or doing the wrong things. I'm thankful that in His eye my misgivings are washable.
Me too....

What are you thankful for? Tell us in comments, or post it in your own blog and send me the link. Don't be shy, and don't think anything is too small to be thankful for! Small mercies count just as much as big ones.
|