Saturday, May 8

Fried Squirrel

We had to have supper late tonight. The electricity was out to the whole neighborhood for a couple of hours right at supper time because a squirrel somehow managed to electrocute himself on the power lines that run through our property, dropping dead right in the middle of the front yard. The little neighbor boy entertained himself during the no T.V. time by buzzing back and forth from his yard to ours to snatch little peeks of the dead squirrel.

After the power repairman had left, my youngest son took the shovel, scooped up the squirrel, took him down in the bush and buried him. He's growing into a man, it seems.

I think dead animal removal is about as good a Mother's Day gift as any.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home