Wednesday, April 20

Citizenship Test and More

I took my citizenship test today. Now, assuming I passed it, all that's left for me to do is take the citizenship oath and I'm a Canadian citizen. But there's a catch. (Isn't there always?) They have the dates for the oath cermony tentatively set for June or July. However, right now they aren't certain they can get a judge to do the ceremony, since they really need to have a few new judges appointed to replace the ones who've left. That should be a simple enough thing to get done, but with an election possibility hanging over the government's head, new judge appointments might be put off until after the election.

That puts a crimp in my travel planning for the summer, since in order to return to Canada I need to either be a citizen or have a permanent resident card, which I don't have because I opted to apply for citizenship instead.

Youngest son has the flu. Nasty stuff, it is, involving just about every system a body has. I think he might be starting to get better though, since he's gone from the sweet and pitiful I-just-want-to-be-left-alone stage to the constantly complaining about the various symptoms stage. That can only be a good sign, right?
|