Thursday, April 28

Playing Tag



It's a game that's been going round the sphere. If you're tagged, then you play the game by answering on your blog. I've been tagged by Miss Violet.

Here's the scoop on how to play: I pick 5 occupations out of the list below and complete the "what if" statements . Then I'm supposed to tag 3 other people to post their answers on their blog, but I think I'll let you tell me you want to be tagged first. Then I'll tag you and post links to your answers when you're done. Okay?

The "questions": If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician... If I could be a doctor... If I could be a painter... If I could be a gardener... If I could be a missionary... If I could be a chef... If I could be an architect... If I could be a linguist... If I could be a psychologist... If I could be a librarian... If I could be an athlete... If I could be a lawyer... If I could be an inn-keeper... If I could be an athlete... If I could be a professor... If I could be a writer... If I could be a llama-rider... If I could be a bonnie pirate... If I could be an astronaut... If I could be a world famous blogger... If I could be a justice on any one court in the world... If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

Here you go. My answers:

  • If I could be an architect I'd design little craftsman style bungalows. I can't imagine a better sort of home for reading, can you?

    I did want to be an architect for a while, and I spent quite a bit of time as a child drawing house plans. House plans and maps.

    Of course, that I'd design craftman bungalows if I were an architect tells you why I never became one. An architect needs to be "visionary", Scott McClare tells me. Innovation is the name of the game, so it's hardly the sort of occupation for someone whose middle name is "old fogey". Or for someone whose Meyers-Briggs type description is "guardian of time-honored tradition".

  • If I could be an athlete I'd play basketball. In a league that has no rule against travelling. And as long as we're asking for impossible things, I'd like to be 18 inches taller as well so I could do slam dunks.

  • If I could be a farmer I'd be a fruit farmer. Someplace where I could grow them all--apples and oranges and plums and peaches and cherries..... I'd hire other people to do the actual work, mind you. My job would be to walk out to the orchard and pick a piece of fresh fruit whenever I felt like eating one.

    This is why you'll never hear me complain about Adam being my federal head. I know I couldn't do any better than he did.

  • If I could be a librarian. I'd like this job, I think. A "guardian of time-honored tradition" ought to be good at this one, right?

    I can't promise I wouldn't get a sudden urge to arrange the books by color though--reds with reds, and blues with blues. Wouldn't the shelves look much tidier that way?

  • If I could be a professor, I'd have the absent minded part down pat already. Maybe I'd team teach "Theology for Girls" with Kim.

    [Update: Laurie posts a link to The Bungalow Company in the comments--a page with house plans for bungalow lovers.

    Bungalow is such a good word, don't you think? I first learned it reading Nancy Drew. You can learn a lot from that girl.

    Update 2: Terry Pruitt has been tagged.]
  • |