Tuesday, June 14

I'm Adrienne Clarkson, and You're Not

She has a strikingly lovely voice.

She had one bit of bad grammar in her speech: "us" when it should have been "we". Does that mean she wrote it herself?

No pictures. I'll get an official photo sometime later. The audience wasn't supposed to get out of their seats to take photos, so anything my kids took would have been from too far away.

There was a reception afterwards when I could have had my picture taken with Her Excellency the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson and His Excellency John Ralston Saul, who is here promoting his latest book. Youngest son, however, had an ear infection last week that's caused him vertigo problems, and he got car sick on the way there. He was still green when the ceremony was over, so we skipped the reception.

There were three other people who attend my church who took the citizenship oath today: A couple from the Philippines; and from Romania, the wife of one of my oldest son's friends.

The photo on my citizenship card is awful and I'm still stewing about having to live with it for the rest of my life. My one consolation is that no matter how awful it is, when I'm eighty, I'll probably wish I really looked that good.
|