Friday, October 28

Charles Spurgeon Quote: My Choice

How is it that the Father is God, that the Son is God, and that the Holy Ghost is God, and yet that there are not three Gods, but one God? I cannot tell you. I know it is so, for it is revealed; but how it is so is not for us to guess, because it is not revealed or explained. Our understanding can adventure as far as the testimony, and no farther. Many attempts have been made by divines to find parallels in Nature to the Unity and the Trinity of God, but they all seem to me to fail.

October has been officially declared Charles Spurgeon Quote Month on this blog. Do you have a favorite quote from the "Prince of Preachers" that you'd like to see featured? If you do, you'd better hop right to it, because there are only a few days left in the month. You can either put your quote in the comments or email it to me and I'll post it sometime during what's left of October. Better yet, post it on your blog and send me the link and I'll link back to you.
|