Monday, October 2

All I Was Hoping For Was The Wild Card

....but the Twinkies have unexpectedly won the American Central Division over the Detroit Tigers. This summer I bought the pets collars with the Twins logo, but now I've bedecked them in Twins homer hankies, too, and we're all set for those play-offs, which start tomorrow morning (our time, at least) against Oakland.

I'd post the words to We're Gonna Win, Twins, but they must be copyrighted because I can't find them posted anywhere. The best I can do is this:
We're gonna win Twins;
We're gonna score!
We're gonna win Twins;
Watch the baseball soar!
Crack out a homerun;
Shout a hip-hooray!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!
Hey, not too bad, if I say so myself! Proving, I guess, that not only can you not teach an old dog new tricks, you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl.

Update Oct. 5: The Twinkies are down two games after two games. In a five series game, that's a wee bit troubling.
|