Thursday, October 5

Potatofest 2006

An important announcement:

I am declaring the whole month of October to be Potatofest on the blog. Yep, I will be celebrating the potato throughout this month, with lots of potato links, trivia, recipes, photos, and maybe even a potato quiz or two.

Why celebrate potatoes? That's a really stupid question, but I'll dignify it with an answer anyway.

Seven reasons to celebrate the potato:
  1. I love potatoes.
  2. For the next few months, we will be eating a lot of potatoes because
  3. I have a pile of harvested potatoes in the basement waiting to be eaten.
  4. Potatoes are pretty.
  5. Potatoes taste good.
  6. Potatoes are versatile.
  7. Despite their many stellar qualities, potatoes are humble, eschewing the spotlight, and spending most of their life underground or in the basement.
Here's the really good news:

You can participate in Potato Fest 2006, too.

Here's how:

Post something potato related on your blog--a recipe, a photo, a joke, you name it--and leave the link in the comments or email it to me. I'll link to your potato link (or links) sometime during the month of Potatofest. If you don't have a blog, or feel you don't want to clutter up your blog with potato drivel, then leave your recipe, joke--you name it--in the comments and I'll work it into a post sometime during the month. Somewhere, somehow, I'll even include things as simple as a comment on your favorite way to eat potatoes, or your favorite variety of potatoes. Got it?

So I'm waiting! Be like the potato--humble, but always eager to participate.
|