Sunday's Hymn: John Newton
Great Shepherd of Thy Chosen Flock
Great Shepherd of Thy chosen flock,
Thy people’s Shield, their shadowing Rock,
Once more we meet to hear Thy voice,
Once more before Thee to rejoice.
Now may Thy Spirit, by the Word,
Refresh each wearied heart, O Lord,
Wearied of earth’s vain strife and woe,
And longing more Thyself to know.
Thine is the heart our griefs to feel,
And Thine the love each wound to heal;
Home Thou art gone for us to care,
Returning soon to take us there.
---Music by Joseph Mainzer (Listen.)
Other hymns, worship songs, etc. posted today:
- The Evil Heart at The Thirsty Theologian
- Praise the Lord: Ye Heavens Adore Him at John Dekker's Journal
- Holy God We Praise Thy Name at Seasonings
- Eternal Father Strong to Save at Ian's Messy Desk
- Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee at Unity Without Verity
- Blessed Assurance at Chez Kneel
- The Twenty-Second Sunday After Trinity at Magic Statistics
Technorati Tags: hymns, hymn lyrics