Saturday, November 11

November's Thanksgiving: Freedom and Those Who Fought For It

I'm thankful for those who served in the military to protect our freedom and ensure the freedom of others. I'm thankful for those who are serving right now to preserve and bring freedom and peace. I'm especially thankful for those who have given their lives in that pursuit. I'm thankful for those who have not forgotten what has been done for them in previous generations. I'm thankful to God, who is in control of history and nations and wars and battles.

(I love the poster on the right, which is free for download from Veterans Affairs Canada. I have photos of oldest son and his cousing trying on their grandfather's military uniform, looking very proud.

You can view the Veterans Affairs Remembrance Day Vignette, too, or read the stories, or just listen to the taps.)

Other thankful hearts:
Why don't you tell us what you're thanking God for in the comments to this post; or, better yet, post your thanksgiving on your own blog, and let me know of your post either by email or in the comments here. Then look for a link to your thankful post in the next day's roundup of thankfulness.

Have you posted a bit of thanksgiving, and I missed it (or forgot about it)? Please feel free to remind me.
|