Sunday's Hymn: Second Sunday of Advent
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
And with fear and trembling stand;
Ponder nothing earthly minded,
For with blessing in His hand,
Christ our God to earth descendeth,
Our full homage to demand.
King of kings, yet born of Mary,
As of old on earth He stood,
Lord of lords, in human vesture,
In the body and the blood;
He will give to all the faithful
His own self for heavenly food.
Rank on rank the host of heaven
Spreads its vanguard on the way,
As the Light of light descendeth
From the realms of endless day,
That the powers of hell may vanish
As the darkness clears away.
At His feet the six wingèd seraph,
Cherubim with sleepless eye,
Veil their faces to the presence,
As with ceaseless voice they cry:
Alleluia, Lord Most High!
Other hymns, worship songs, etc. posted today:
- A hymn from Isaac Watts and more at The Thirsty Theologian
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling at Ian's Messy Desk
- O Come All Ye Faithful at Unity Without Verity
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing at New Lumps
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel at Jam and Books
- The Collect for the Second Sunday of Advent at Magic Statistics
Technorati Tags: hymns, hymn lyrics