Thursday, June 23

As You Wish

Since it was starting already in the comments of the movie quote thread, here's the official place to list your favorite quotes from The Princess Bride. I'll start.
  1. This one is a favorite send-off at our house: "Bye bye boys. Have fun storming the castle!" Of course the rest of this quote goes like this: "Think it'll work?" "It would take a miracle."
  2. Kim adds two: "We are men of action; lies do not become us." and
  3. one from Inigo Montoya, "No, there is too much. Let me sum up."
  4. Ian McKenzie has two: another from Inigo, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  5. and one from Miracle Max, "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."
  6. Four from Bill Lueg: "You do not happen to have six fingers on your right hand?" (Inigo Montoya)
  7. "Ma-wage." said by the impressive clergyman, ""Ma-wage is what bwings us togethew today."
  8. Westley: "As you wish." Also "Aaaas yyyooouuuuuu wwiiiiiiiiiiissshhhhhhh!"
  9. Bill says he uses this one from the grandson all the time: "Killed by pirates is good."
  10. Paula adds (What else?) "Inconceivable!"
  11. And from Kevin:
    "No more rhyming, I mean it!"
    "Does anyone have a peanut?"
  12. Kim adds another one: "I want to see my face shining in it by morning." She says this one comes in handy with three boys.
  13. From Kim in ON--and I can't believe this one's this far down the list--"Ha-lo! My name is Inigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die."
  14. "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." From Paula.
  15. DLE reminds us of this quote from Vizzini: "Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line.'"
  16. "Well, it just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead." From Brian.
  17. The grandson asks "Does it have any sports?" This one is quoted by William Meisheid.
  18. Kim reminds us of this one from Vizzini: "I can't compete with you physically and you're no match for my brains."
  19. Brandon give his favorites on his own blog.
  20. Another from Bill:
    "Truly you have a dizzying intellect"
    "Wait 'til I get started! Where were we?"
    "Australia."
    "Oh, yes. And Australia as we all know is entirely peopled by criminals. You would have known..."
  21. The ever respectful Darren has gone from answering his wife with "Maybe" to "It's possible, pig." He explains that he answered that "once without thinking about it and she couldn't stop laughing." I take it she's a Princess Bride fan, too. But Darren, here's a little tip free of charge: When she starts to feel like a beached whale, you might want to transition back to "Maybe".
  22. Two from Sherry: "We face each other as God intended, sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone."--Fezzik, and
  23. "Love, Twue love."
  24. Kim again: "Thank you very much. How very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming."--Grandfather.
  25. The Jollyblogger does his own post with Princess Bride quotes.
  26. From Andrew: "I am no one of consequence." -Westley
  27. From Kim: "How could I forget Inigo's 'There's going to be blood tonight!!!' "
  28. A couple quotes from Reon: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife! But after what you just said, I'm not sure I want to be that anymore!" --Miracle Max's wife.
  29. and the exchange between the man in black and Inigo Montoya:
    "Why are you smiling?"
    "Because I know something you do not know."
    "What's that?"
    "I am not left-handed!"
    Moments later: "I know something you do not know...I'm not left-handed, either!"
  30. Darren adds these: "My way's not very sportmanlike ..."--Fezzik.
  31. "I'm sorry, Inigo. I didn't mean to jog him so hard."--Fezzik.
  32. "You seem a good fellow I hate to kill you."
    "You seem a good fellow. I hate to die."--Inigo and Wesley. (I was waiting for this one!)
  33. "Unemployed ... in Greenland!"--Vezzini
  34. "Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?"
    "If there are, we'll all be dead!"--Inigo and Fezzik.
  35. "Goodnight, Wesley. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."--Wesley, quoting the Dread Pirate Roberts. (Darren like to to quote this one "to loved ones out of context (substituting their name, of course)")
  36. Two more from Bill: "Welcome to the pit of despair." Cough, cough. "Don't even think of trying to escape."
  37. "I've just taken one year of your life away. Tell me how you feel...and remember this is for posterity so please be honest. How do you feel?" --The Count
  38. From rev-ed: Buttercup: What about the R.U.S.?
    Westley: Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist. AHHH!
  39. and Vinzinni: "Ever hear of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates?"
    Westley: "Yes."
    Vinzinni: "Morons!"
  40. From Kim: During the sword fight:
    Inigo to Westley: You're wonderful!
    Westley: Thanks, I've worked hard to become so.

    At Kim's house, the exchange goes like this "after hubby has watered all the window boxes and my many plantings in the yard":
    Me: You're wonderful!
    Him: Thanks, I've worked hard to become so.
Paula says we must be a cult. I suppose we could call ourselves Princess Briders. That sounds like Baptist Briders, but this would be way better.....
|