Tuesday, November 29

Seven Sevens

Catez tagged me for this meme in which you're supposed to list seven things in answer to each of seven questions. As you'll find out, that wasn't all that easy for me.

1. Seven things to do before I die.

You know, I would have answered this entirely differently 5 years ago. Now only the first two really matter to me. The rest I'd like to do, I guess, but if I don't it'll be no skin off my teeth.
  1. See my kids married and
  2. Enjoy my grandchildren.
  3. Take a trip to Europe, especially Norway and Scotland.
  4. Have a cabin on a lake
  5. With a boat.
  6. Drive the Dempster.
  7. Have time to just sit and read like I did when I was a child.

2. Seven things I cannot do.
  1. Enjoy shopping. For me it's a necessary evil. I've tried to enjoy it, but that doesn't help.
  2. Watch a movie clear through from start to finish. I can watch for an hour at a time, and then I get restless no matter how fascinating the movie is.
  3. Throw a ball well. I'm not sure how I missed learning this skill, but I did.
  4. Enjoy eating potato chips. Blech, blech, blech!
  5. Eat peanuts. I'm allergic, although thankfully not deadly allergic.
  6. Be cheerful when it's hot out.
  7. Stay up late.

3. Seven things that attracted me to my husband.
  1. His quirky sense of humour.
  2. His enjoyment of children and babies.
  3. He could sometimes beat me at Scrabble.
  4. His strong protective instinct.
  5. His eyes.
  6. His confidence. There was no skill he wasn't sure he could master.
  7. That he loved me.

4. Seven things I say most often.
  1. Hmmm.....I'm not sure.
  2. Come on, guys!
  3. I just made a new pot of coffee.
  4. Would you turn that down?
  5. Okay.
  6. Will you get that cat out of my room?
  7. Apparently.

5. Seven books (or series) I love.
  1. Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis
  2. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
  3. Knowing God - J.I. Packer
  4. Winnie the Pooh Books - A.A. Milne
  5. Father, Son and Holy Spirit - Bruce Ware. (I'm not kidding about this book. It belongs here with all the other classics.)
  6. Works of Jonathan Edward - Jonathan Edwards.
  7. I'm drawing a blank on number 7. If I think of another one, I'll update the list.

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time). Ooooh...this is a hard one for me, since--as I just wrote--I have a hard time watching movies, so I don't have any that I watch over and over again.
  1. The Princess Bride.
  2. The Apostle.
  3. A Christmas Story.
  4. The Shawshank Redemption
  5. Regarding Henry (This one's on the list simply because it's one I actually have watched more than once, since Harrison Ford's little freckle faced daughter is my cousin's youngest kid.)
  6. Old Yeller. Just kidding. I'd rather die than watch the ending of that one again.
  7. I've run out of ideas and I'm wishing the question was Seven Movies I'd never watch again. Number one on that list would be Sophie's Choice. Okay, I've thought of another one that I actually do watch over and over again: What About Bob?

7. Seven people I want to join in, too. The first seven to leave a comment saying they want to participate.
  1. Terry says he's game. (Terry's response is here.)
  2. Corrie wants to play, too! (Corrie joins in here.)
|