Thursday, January 5

Organizationitis

That's what Violet calls it.

I still have a bad case of it, but it seems to have transferred it's focus from the blog to the house. Hopefully the illness will last a while because the house needs a little organization. I caught the illness, apparently, from my oldest son, who cleaned out the basement storage room and crawl space and turned the spare bedroom into an office while I was gone after Christmas.

Organizing is what I do instead of resolutions at the start of the new year. I can't do resolutions; I don't think that far ahead, as a general rule. Any change for me is going to be a little by little, day by day thing. The words, "This year I'm going to...." scare the living daylights out of me.

Yes, I'm one of those "living in the present" sorts. I love day by day living and a daily routine. I do think ahead, but mostly it'll be plans for tomorrow, or the week, or--if I'm feeling adventurous--the month ahead. There's no forest for me, just trees.

Today I plan to organize my bedroom and bathroom. Tomorrow it's on to the entryway!

And somewhere in there, I plan to pull together the next Called According to Paul post.

How about you? Do you tend to live in the future, the present, or the past?
|