Potatofest 2006: Pickles and Potato Heads
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes for 20-30 minutes until tender. Drain and cool.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
2. Peel and cube potatoes, and place them in a large bowl.
3. Peel eggs and remove yolks. Place yolks in a small bowl; chop and add to potatoes along with celery, onions and pickles.
4. Mash yolks with a fork and add mayonaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Combine with a small wire wisk or fork.
5. Pour over potato mixture; mix well.
6. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Check out Carla Lynne's potato post. She's posted a picture of her son with his potato self-portrait, along with a couple of potato recipes--one for potato soup, and one for potato and carrot kugel.
You, too, can contribute to Potatofest, but you only have a few days left. See details here.