Monday, October 30

Round the Sphere Again

Cooperative Ventures
  • Last week's Christian Carnival is posted at Participatory Bible Study Blog.

  • Don't forget that Tuesday is Reformation Day, and Tim Challies will be hosting a Reformation Day Symposium.
    In recognition of the significance of this day, I would like to suggest that Christian bloggers mark October 31 with reflections on Reformation Day. You may want to reflect on a person, an event, or a particular point of theology. The topic is wide open, so long as it somehow ties in to Reformation Day. And remember, you do not need to be Reformed to appreciate the Reformation and all it stood for. If you do not have a blog of your own, but would still like to participate, why not ask another blogger if you can "guest" on his site that day (which is not to say that I am offering my blog for this purpose!).

    I will gladly allow my site to serve as a repository for whatever links are provided to me. So, if you write an article, send me the link on October 31 and I will list it on my site.

    Check out the link above for all of the glorious details. (There be a prize!)

  • Tomorrow is also the last day of October and the day of the last Potatofest post. I already have a couple of contibuted things lined up for that post, but if you post something and draw my attention to it before 8AM PDT tomorrow, you'll still be included in Potatofest. So if you have something you're wanting to contribute, here's notice that the deadline is fast approaching.
Comedy Club
Story Time
  • You've heard the story.
    Young William Carey . . . spoke at a Minister's Fraternal meeting about seeking to convert the heathen in India and other places to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
    John Ryland, Sr.'s much quoted response goes something like this:
    Young man, sit down! You are an enthusiast. When God pleases to convert the heathens, he will do it without your help or mine.
    You'll find this quote used to argue that real Calvinists don't believe in missions. Colin Maxwell examines the circumstances of the story and tell us why it doesn't really work to prove what those who use it want it to prove.

  • My old friend Bob tells one of the saddest stories I've read lately.

Bible Study
Apologetics
|