Sunday, November 19

November's Thanksgiving: Toast

This morning I put meat and vegies for stew in the crockpot. When it came time to make the cornbread to go with the stew, I discovered that the container that holds the cornmeal had about enough to make one corn muffin in it. So we had plain old buttered toast.

And what a hit it was! I could hardly make toast fast enough to meet the demand. So I'm thankful for toast because it was easy to make, it hit the spot, and no one missed the promised corn bread in the least.

That something so simple can be so good is a real blessing.

(Blogger was been misbehaving for me for most of the evening, and now it's late, so I'll add the links to the participating thanksgiving posts tomorrow morning.)

Update: Why don't you tell us what you're thanking God for in the comments to this post; or, better yet, post your thanksgiving on your own blog, and let me know of your post either by email or in the comments here. Then look for a link to your thankful post in the next roundup of thankfulness.

Have you posted a bit of thanksgiving, and I missed it (or forgot about it)? Please feel free to remind me.
|