Monday, November 13

November's Thanksgiving: Twenty Below

I'm thankful for -20C temperatures, because it's so much better than what's been predicted in the extended forecast for the last week and a half. Every morning when I listen to the weather report, I hear that there'll be a low of -36C in a couple of days, and every day that prediction gets pushed back a day or two. I'm hopeful that it'll be pushed back all the way to January where it belongs. At that point, it'll okay by me if it comes to town for a day or two, because, goodness knows, we can't have a Yukon winter without some real cold.

As I write this, I'm concerned that this post may sound flippant, but it's not. Every day that we don't have extreme cold is a good gift from a good heavenly Father.

Round-up of other thankful posts and comments:
You know the drill by now. Post your thanksgiving in the comments of this post or in a post on your own blog. Give me the link, and then expect to see your bit of thanksgiving included in tomorrow's thanksgiving post.
|