Sunday's Hymn: For the New Year
May the Mind of Christ My Savior---Kate B. Wilkinson (Listen.)
May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.
May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.
May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.
I've used this as the New Year's hymn before, but I like it, so I'm using it again. It reminds us that in order to keep our resolutions, we depend on our union with Christ's resurrected life and the life in the Spirit that comes from it. Yep, the same Spirit that introduced us to life as new creation keeps on working within us, producing the "good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them." (Ephesians 2:10 NET)
Other hymns, worship songs, etc. posted today:
- Be Thou My Vision at The Upward Call
- Oh Lord, Our Father, Thanks to Thee at Seasonings
- Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken at Ian's Messy Desk
- It is Well with My Soul at Unity Without Verity
- O Sing a Song of Bethlehem at Jam and Books
- Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven at Wife, Mama, and Country Mouse?
- None Other Lamb, another lovely hymn from Christina Rossetti at Chez Kneel
- The Collect for the Sunday after Christmas Day at Magic Statistics
- Update, January 1: Our God, Our Help in Ages Past at Life in the Slow Lane, a choice for New Year's Day that is seconded by Darlene, who doesn't have a blog, but is a blog commenter extraordinaire.
Technorati Tags: hymns, hymn lyrics