Sunday's Hymn: Fourth Sunday of Advent
In Stature Grows the Heaven Child---Jean de Santeüil (Listen.)
In stature grows the heavenly Child,
With death before His eyes;
A Lamb unblemished, meek and mild,
Prepared for sacrifice.
The Son of God His glory hides
With parents mean and poor;
And He Who made the heaven abides
In dwelling place obscure.
Those mighty hands that stay the sky
No earthly toil refuse;
And He Who set the stars on high
An humble trade pursues.
He before Whom the angels stand,
At Whose behest they fly,
Now yields himself to man’s command,
And lay His glory by.
Jesu, the virgin’s holy Son,
We praise Thee and adore,
Who art with God the Father One,
And Spirit evermore.
Other hymns, worship songs, etc. posted today:
- Immanuel, We Sing Thy Praise at Seasonings
- In the Bleak Midwinter at Ian's Messy Desk
- What Child is This? at Unity Without Verity
- Angels We Have Heard on High at Jam and Books
- Once in Royal David's City at Wife, Mama, and Country Mouse?
- Lord, It Belongs Not to My Care at New Lumps
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel at Hiraeth
- Worship the Lord in the Beauty of Holiness and The Collect for the Fourth Sunday in Advent at Magic Statistics
Technorati Tags: hymns, hymn lyrics