Thursday, December 1

Round the Sphere Again

  • The Christian Carnival has gone to the dogs at Cadmusings.

  • From Historia Ecclesiastica: CONFESSIONAL CHRISTIANITY & BAPTISTS
    Lack of interest in confessional Christianity is nothing new. Among the most fascinating figures of the 18th century is Robert Robinson (1735-1790), at one time clear in his confessional identity as a Calvinistic Baptist and the author of the well-known hymn "Come, Thou Fount of every blessing." Yet, by the end of his life, it was said of him:

    "[Robinson] hath his own opinions of the nature of God, and Christ, and man, and the decrees, and so on..."

  • He Lives has an argument for Biblical Inerrancy. Go check it out.

  • Real Clear Theology has an interesting post on how the early Christians viewed the historicity of scripture.
    The earliest Christians spoke of the contents of the gospels as historical accounts, and the earliest enemies of Christianity responded to the religion in a manner that suggests that they interpreted the gospels in the same way...

  • The Pyromaniac tells us what worldliness really is. Have I confessed here yet that I didn't go to my first movie until I was eighteen? This had to do with the people my family lived among rather than my parent's own view of the morality of movies. So I'm well acquainted with those whose whole battle against worldliness consists of "Do not taste; do not handle."

  • Colin Maxwell has THE PRODIGAL SON IN BRAID SCOTS.

  • Purgatorio has....I dunno....I guess like all Purgatorio posts you have to see it for yourself.

  • Chris has started a weekly Wednesday feature: An album review. I'm pretty sure he knows something about this stuff, so his opinion is worth checking out.

  • Update: I forgot to draw your attention to the discussion and additions from readers on all three of the Called According to Paul posts: 1 Corinthians 1, 1 Corinthians 7, Romans 4:17.
  • |