Sunday's Hymn: Isaac Watts
Who Shall the Lord's Elect Condemn?
Who shall the Lord’s elect condemn?
’Tis God that justifies their souls;
And mercy, like a mighty stream,
O’er all their sins divinely rolls.
Who shall adjudge the saints to hell?
’Tis Christ that suffered in their stead;
And, the salvation to fulfill,
Behold Him rising from the dead!
He lives! He lives and sits above,
For ever interceding there:
Who shall divide us from His love?
Or what should tempt us to despair?
Shall persecution, or distress,
Famine, or sword, or nakedness?
He that hath loved us bears us through,
And makes us more than conquerors too.
Faith hath an overcoming power;Not all that men on earth can do,
It triumphs in the dying hour:
Christ is our life, our joy, our hope,
Nor can we sink with such a prop.
Nor powers on high, nor powers below,
Shall cause His mercy to remove,
Or wean our hearts from Christ our love.
Other hymns, worship songs, etc. posted this Sunday
- Wonderful Words of Life at Ian's Messy Desk
- Oh Happy Home at John Dekker's Journal
- The Church's One Foundation at New Lumps
- Praise to the Lord, The Almighty at Jam and Books
- And Can it Be that I Should Gain? at Seasonings
- O Christ, the Great Foundation at Magic Statistics
Technorati Tags: hymns, hymn lyrics, Isaac Watts