Bookmark this Meme
- Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I like hardback best (who doesn't?), but I read a lot of paperback. They cost less, and they're easier to get.
- Online purchase or brick and mortar?
Mostly online. The chance that the bookstore here in town is going to have the book I want in stock is pretty slim.
- Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Neither. If I shop in a store, it's at the used book store or Mac's Fireweed Books.
- Bookmark or dog-ear?
I use one of these.
- Mark or not mark?
I mark them up and doodle in them.
- Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
I put them on the shelves by subject or type of book (mostly), but I do make allowance for size, and when I have several books by one author I try to keep them together. In other words, I have my own weird system that I understand, but confuses everyone else.
- Keep, throw away, or sell?
I never throw away. If I know I'll never look at it again, I donate it or sell it at a garage sale. The rest, I keep.
- Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Read it with the dustjacket.
- Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
I don't read short stories enough to have an opinion on this.
- Lord of the Rings or Narnia
Once again, I'm going to avoid answering. I like them both. They're different sorts of books, and they serve different purposes.
- Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I stop reading whenever a crisis arises that requires my attention.
- “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
"Once upon a time."
- Buy or Borrow?
Buy. If I borrowed it, I'd have to give it back.
- New or used?
Used, but in good condition, if I can find it.
- Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
All of the above.
- Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending. I hate cliffhangers and feel cheated if there is one.
- Morning reading, afternoon reading or night time reading?
Mostly night time, but also whenever I can sneak in a few minutes throughout the day. I love reading in the car while I wait to pick someone up, or reading while I wait for an appointment.
- Standalone or series?
- Favorite series?
I really haven't read books in series since I was young. The Narnia books or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, maybe.
- Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
I usually read classics, so at least some people have heard of them. They may not have read them, but they've heard of them.
- Favorite books read last year?
I read Knowing God again, and that's always a favorite.
- Favorite book of all time?
Nothing else compares to the Bible.