Sunday, March 14

A Hymn for Sunday Morning....


Come Thou Fount

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
  Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
  Call for songs of loudest praise.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
  Wand'ring from the face of God;
He, to save my soul from danger,
  Interposed His precious blood.


O to grace how great a debtor
  Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace, Lord, like a fetter,
  Bind my wand'ring heart to Thee.
Teach me, Lord, some rapturous measure,
  Meet for me Thy grace to prove,
While I sing the countless treasure
  Of my God's unchanging love.


Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
  Prone to leave the God I love:
Take my heart, oh, take and seal it
  With Thy Spirit from above.
Rescued thus from sin and danger,
  Purchased by the Savior's blood,
May I walk on earth a stranger,
  As a son and heir of God.

Author: Robert Robinson (1735-1790 )

Composer:  John Wyeth (1813 )

Courtesy of Hymnal.Net: Christian Hymns and Spiritual Songs. Hear the hymn by clicking on Classic Hymns and finding the first line in the alphabetical list. For Sheet music.
|